Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ostentation of Psychos

Okay, so don't think I'm a bad person or anything... but some people kind of concern me. I work for Disney, right? Right. Well Disney is all about faith, trust and a little bit of pixie dust. Yes- all of that crap. Everything is sunshine and happiness. Everything except for the guests. Today I was working those trusty little turnstiles, and I had quite the ostentation of psychos come to visit Disney's Animal Kingdom. Bless their hearts. Today I would like to focus on the select four who have made it onto my blog; those lucky souls. They were sweet spirits, and upon seeing them I was shocked with how out of place they looked in a Disney theme park. There was one guy with aqua colored hair. (The first thought that came to mind I'm ashamed to say was "Is that Disney look?" It's fine.) The second girl looked like the kind of girl that inspires some of my favorite words from my friend and yours, William Scott, "She must be a vampire." And I think in fact she was. The second girl was wearing a conglomeration of black and red death/pirate/I-will-kill-you-in-your-face clothes. I was a little concerned. The second guy just looked lost. But don't worry, he too was decked out in all black and 48 different piercings. Bless him. The moment they passed through those blessed turnstiles, all happiness fled from my heart. Now I really am not that judgmental in real life, but I really did feel a little bit of fear/doom/gloom. What the St. Francis? So being by awkward self, and putting on that sweater, I kind of just stood there in my sleep-deprived, judgment-lacking state and gawked at them. Then, as they were walking into the Oasis, the most peaceful place in all of Animal Kingdom, I hear this: "So I called that lady to see about my death, and she told me that there was going to be a man dressed in black beckoning me into the dark gloom of dawn." No lie. At that moment I stopped, and pondered the universe for a second, but all that I could seem to muster up was a little something that goes like this: "What the St. Francis." Not even a question. Just the simple statement that puts into words what everyone is thinking. Did that just happen? Answer=yes. I really wish that at that moment in time someone could have taken a picture of my life as it was then at that moment. I have never felt more baffled by a random comment in my life. Yet, feeling slightly dubious, all I wanted to yell out after them was, "Have a magical day!" However the feeling of shock was to overpowering for me and I ended up just making my awkward face at the next 8 guests who passed through before I finally was able to snap out of it. Part of me wanted to follow them around just to see how a normal conversation flowed between the four of them. But it might just scar me for life if I did. Or end up making me laugh out loud for 7 minutes at the sheer idiocy of it all. I guess I'll never know. But I do know this: I heart such nonsense. Absolutely heart it. Thank you, and goodnight.

No comments: