Sunday, June 14, 2009

18 Point Improvement

So do you want to hear an awesome story? It goes a little something like this: I decided to take a mental health day yesterday, and call in and go to the beach. I have finally hit that point where I'm done trying to be the stellar Disney Employee. I'll work, and I'll work hard- but if something more fun comes up, like I don't know... say a trip to the beach... I'm going to choose the beach. It's fine. So after making this wise little choice, and driving to Daytona with Chris Brown and the cast of Across the Universe, I start to soak up some sun with my peeps. And it was glorious. Absolutely glorious. While chillin' on the beach with a hot dog in hand, my friends and I notice this girl who is standing so picturesquely underneath a stairwell. One thing is absolutely certain. This chick could be a model. We are just about to start oohing and ahhing over her to the point of embarrassment when she takes a smoke, and kind of kills it for everyone. Way to go Bernadette. Way to go. After this little set back we go onto other subjects, such as what will make Emmilie put on her awkward sweater, or dance breaks to Britney Spears. When suddenly, Bernadette starts walking towards us. I felt as if something should be said to her. After all, she did inspire us for about 47.3 seconds. So, I shout the first sarcastic thing I could muster up. It comes out a little something like, "Hey good lookin'..." Sadly, dear readers, at this very moment, some guy was crossing paths with our dear Bernadette, and mistook this salutation to be for him. He gave me a sly grin and a little wave. Thoroughly befuddled, I shake my head and say, "No, not you! Her!" while pointing around him towards Bernadette. That's when I stopped and laughed out loud for about 4 minutes, because guess what? That just happened. This guy, whose name turned out to be Joe was kind of a really big square. And after getting to know him a little bit better over the period of 3 minutes, it did not surprise me in the least that he thought that cat call was meant for him. Oh no, Joe. Oh no. But my life improved by about 18 points by this little scene. So thanks, Joe. Thanks, Bernadette. And thank you, and goodnight.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

BAHAHA....I want to go back =( that was one of the best days ever. OOOOHH Joe (shake of the head)

Shaun Mayo said...

you are a creep to men and women alike. that's a great story.

Hannah said...

I don't know which I liked better-- him walking in the middle of our circle and flexing or him saying he was excited to see BRUNO. Either way, he failed the "I am cool and I can impress girls in 3 seconds" test. Just sayin