Friday, June 19, 2009

Close Call

Right, so today I had a pretty close call. One of my favorite things to do is look at engagement pictures. Often there are little outbursts such as, "Holy St. Francis that is so awkward! What were they thinking??" Or, "Oh snap. That is so cute. I want to do that." or "What?! I'll never do that! I hate the generic awkward poses!!" Don't judge me. It's fine. But today, another thought crossed my mind as I was looking at engagement pictures of some long lost high school friend. It hit me that I've never really had that with anyone. Obviously I've never been engaged. It's fine. But I've never even had a real relationship before. Now dear readers, this is where it got scary. For about 4.7 seconds (which was probably more like 47.1 seconds) I started to feel really sorry for myself. I started to wallow in that self-pity that I hate so much. But don't worry. I snapped out of it real quick because I realized something so vital. And it goes a little something like this: I heart life so much. I don't need anything that I don't already have right now. How blessed am I to be able to say that? And I know that a relationship is in my future. Probably the very distant future, but you know what? It's totally fine. For real life. Because I have something to look forward to. And until then, I have so much sunshine and laughter to get me through. Thank you and goodnight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen. That is all.

will said...

mmmmmmm........so many things come free of charge with what we didn't ever really want to begin with......again