Friday, June 12, 2009

Bittersweet

Okay. So this happened: a little thing called a credit card purchase. Of what you may ask? Airline flights. To where? California. Yes, I just bought my plane ticket home, and my heart just broke a little bit. The thought of leaving Orlando is killing me. Quite frankly, I'm not okay with the whole leaving phenomenon. No thanks. Not that I'm not terribly excited to see my family again. It will have been 8 and a half months since I have seen them. But still- Orlando is home to me. As silly and a little cliche as that sounds, eat it; it's the truth. I've lived quite a few places, and no where feels like home to me as much as Orlando does.

So this little bittersweet blog is an ode to you Orlando. I'll miss your humidity, and your sunshine. I'll miss the sunsets and the beautiful summer evenings. I'll miss the fireworks every night. I'll miss the winding roads, and the forests of beautiful trees. I'll miss the green. I'll miss the beach. I'll miss the sound of those pesky bugs that echo me home. I'll miss the night sky that is never fully darkened thanks to all of those city lights. But most of all I think I will miss everyone I'm leaving behind.

Thank you, and goodnight.

4 comments:

Jared said...

it's coming so quickly?! what in the world are you going to do? all i have to say is sucky day!

will said...

can't wait to see you...........

Emmilie said...

I miss you.

Unknown said...

but it's ok...remember we are moving back! So, maybe it isn't ok because it might be a while.