Saturday, June 20, 2009

No Touchy

Right, so not gonna lie- this time I have spent down here in Orlando has equaled some pretty surprising and unexpected lessons learned about myself. However, one I was not prepared for was the one called Emmilie is not a touchy-feely person in the least. I honestly had never noticed how much physical contact makes me super awkward. I just don't do it. It's kind of weird actually. I'll hug you, it's totally fine, but nothing more than that. I'm not very cuddly. Back off. I don't like to be touched. Don't try. It makes me put on my awkward sweater pretty darn fast if ya feel me on that one. It's fine. Once upon a time I had a friend discover this about me, and he may or may not have found some sadistic pleasure in watching me put on my awkward sweater. So knowing my secret and being himself, he held one finger on my shoulder as I tried to tell an awesome story. I couldn't do it. I couldn't finish the awesomeness because the awkwardness was too overpowering. It was highly frustrating. I don't know where this little vent session came from exactly; don't worry about it. I think that I was holding in all of these feelings of animosity towards people who touch me unnecessarily. Like that time my co-worker, (who I love, just for the record) decided to wipe her sweaty hands on my face. Awesome sauce. I'm still convulsing in the corner. It's fine. Or that time that we were at the Grand and all of these girls were in the mood to cuddle... and it did not end well. Oh! Oh! Oh!! And I hate having to pretend that I'm good with being touched... you know, for those random social situations that require cuddling... (It happens. Don't judge.) Holy St. Francis. I have assumed the awkward position just writing all of this! You know, the hunched shoulders, and slightly awkward grimace look on the face. It's totally fine. I guess I just had to make this little realization public. It feels so much better to get it all out in the open. Just don't judge me. Or touch me. Thank you, and goodnight.

7 comments:

Hannah said...

Let me guess--- this friend was Aaron and you were at the dance last night. I can totally see it all right now! Was it fun? Did you at least laugh a little? Maybe? Huh?

Jenica said...

haha, i can already think of a few moments...

jennifer said...

oh emily...I TOTALLY feel the same way...except I may be worse..I even have a hard time with the whole hugging thing..haha..may be slightly crazy.

jennifer said...

oh emily...I TOTALLY feel the same way...except I may be worse..I even have a hard time with the whole hugging thing..haha..may be slightly crazy.

Jared said...

i particularly enjoy the part that says..."It makes me put on my awkward sweater pretty darn fast if ya FEEL ME on that one." that was classic...probably the proposal made you realize it...or the fact that sha ne- with the random accents over different parts of her name...was really touchy feely last night at the movie...just tryin to help is all...oh yeah and i got those rings...peace!

Unknown said...

Sha ne- was not touchy feely at the movie last night...I remember specifically, many times I had to tell BOTH of you to NOT CROSSTH THISTH LINE!

Mary said...

I always knew it. Also, I miss you. Come to me.