Monday, November 17, 2008

That's What She Said

So today in my Psych class, we were taking about psychology. Weird, huh? And we were talking all about women, and how they are perceived, as well as the differences between men an women. The contrast between Relief Society and Priesthood. It was slightly fascinating to see how the guys talked about the women in Relief Society and how it freaks them out. I guess the flowers and the handouts are a little too much. And we just won't discuss the doilies. Then they heard about the "Good News Minute," and it almost set them off the edge. I just laughed heartily. This was entertaining, and I always enjoy hearing how the Priesthood meeting differs from the Relief Society. At least we prepare the lesson...

In my Communication class, we talked about conflict and gave some different examples. One of the guys was talking about his wife, and how glad he was that she cooked, cleaned, and did womanly things. Hold the phone! What does that even mean? (Here is the raging feminist in me coming out...) Just because I am in fact a woman does not mean that I have to do nothing but cook and clean for my husband, thank you very much. I am perfectly capable of cleaning, and I have been known to bake one mean brownie, but I mean really! Come on. Dear men, if your image of me ever includes me in an apron, heels and pearls for anything other than a good joke, think again. (Remember the raging feminist?) I just had to get this all out. It was slightly ticking me off. And if you happen to think I am wrong, just ask Sarah Palin if she ever wore heels, pearls and an apron. Thank you, and goodnight.

No comments: