Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pain in the...

So let's contemplate the universe, shall we. Only in my universe could I have more weird and obnoxious problems within an almost three week time frame. I mean what the crap. For real life. You have read all of my other blogs, commenting on all of the weird medical crap that has been going on. Okay, so not really medical...but I have had so many weird things involving pain happen to me lately. I don't even know, but this is my life. I really am not bitter about it, just slightly incredulous.

So this morning started out like any other morning. I crawl out of bed as The Flight of the Conchords wake me up with their gangsta rap cross-over. I pour myself a bowl of cereal, and check the New York Times, just to make sure that nothing catastrophic with the world happened. Then I check my facebook to make sure that nothing catastrophic with my social life happened. All was well this morning. So I take a shower, and fight against fate and cold water. Then, as I am putting on my sweater, I get the weirdest, and most excruciating pain in my neck! For real! It was awful! I couldn't move my head to the right at all. So in a state of panic, I call my mom. In Arizona. She was like, okay... take something. (Yeah, I'm dumb before 8:15 in the morning. Thanks.) So I popped some pills, and attempted to try to get ready again. That was...fun. I was putting on my make-up, when all of the sudden, the pain spiked, and I literally had to hold up my head with my hands. I couldn't hold it up normally! For real life! I started crying because the pain was so bad! It was crazy! So I stumble out of the bathroom, and go try and lay down on my bed. It was slightly more difficult than I had anticipated. Than any normal person would anticipate. I couldn't use the muscles in my neck to put my head on my bed!!!! I had to do this weird acrobatic thing which eventually got my horizontal. However, I was literally paralyzed because the pain was so bad. I couldn't even move for like three minutes. It was kind of crazy. Not even gonna lie.

So as I lay there, I realize that my Mission Prep class starts soon... God told me to be better about going to that class, so I was determined to go. I said about eight prayers, and tried to get up. That was also fun. I had to swing my legs around, and try to build up some momentum to get myself off the bed. This was going to be an AWEsome day. I could already tell. It was the kind of thing that could and would only happen to me. And it did.

Well, all I can say is prayer works, because I was able to finish getting ready. Slowly, I might add, but I was ready. And only three minutes late for Mission Prep. So not so bad... considering. So that was my adventure this morning, which has become my all-day adventure. My neck hurts so freakin' bad!!! I just laugh about it, because it is so typical me. I mean really, who else? Thank you, and goodnight.

1 comment:

marneyd said...

Sheesh, child, take care, take it easy, take a breather. And please feel better soon. Either post your progress or let me know. I'm thinking of you.