Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Obama and Me

Today is an epic day. Today is November 4, 2008. Today is the day that will decide how the next four, possibly eight years will be. Today is historic. Today is Election Day. And guess what?! I voted!! It was so exciting! And no, I didn't vote for Obama. My dad says that it seems like the cool thing to do- but he lives in California... so you know... But alas. I voted for Nader. Okay, so not really. I supported the McCain/Palin ticket. Don't even worry. The sad thing is, I don't really even like McCain. I just hate him less. I do like Sarah Palin. She can shoot me. Have you seen the covers of Newsweek? She is the real deal. And a half. I was seriously considering voting for Obama around February. I was all for him. But then all of this really suspicious crap came out about him, and McCain started looking a little bit better. I just don't trust him... and I just have this weird feeling, like Satan will be my best friend if I vote for Obama. That is probably a bad thing. So I voted McCain. Also I prayed about it a couple of times, and really felt better about McCain. So, we'll see what happens. But as I sit here and watch the polls close, and the votes start to count, I am getting a little nervous. Right now Obama has 175 and McCain only has 70. Awesome. Hang in there old man.

So I have a bad confession too. All day I have wanted to vote for Obama!! It's this thing called Obama is an awesome public speaker, and is more charismatic than the Manhattan, so therefore, when he speaks I really like what he says. I start thinking that all of these ideas about hope and change sound really great. And then I realize that my buddy Obama never backs those ideas up. So I'm on this new kick where I try to say nice things about people. So Obama and I share the dream of Hope and Change. We are bonded together by that. And if he becomes president, I'll just have to hold to that. But don't worry. I still voted for McCain. Thank you, and goodnight.

No comments: