Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hold the Phone

Um...so do you want to hear something crazy/awesome/say what? Yeah. Well here we go. So yesterday I was going to the temple with some peeps from the ward. And there were some new people that I had not met yet. So naturally, I go meet her. She tells me her name is Stephanie Barrett, and my mind does one of these: What?! Okay, hold the phone. This is the conversation that followed:

"Wait, Barrett. You said you lived in Riverton, Utah, right?" exclaimed Emmilie. 
"Yes," Stephanie responded.
"Okay, this is going to sound really weird, but did you live on 11800 South, and 3200 West?" Emmilie asked incredulously. 
"Yes...118..." Stephanie responded hesitantly. 
"...58 South 3200 West!?!?!" Emmilie finished for her. Stephanie nodded in stunned surprise. 
"Holy St. Francis!" proclaimed Emmilie, "that was my house! We lived in the same house!!"
"Oh my gosh! Wow!" replied Stephanie in an equal amount of shock. 

The moral of this story is that I met the girl from which my parents bought their house in Riverton. Well, not her herself but her parents. It's fine. I guess the real moral of this story is that you never know who you are going to meet. So always brush your teeth. (What?!) Thank you, and goodnight. 

1 comment:

will said...

and use deodorant and clean socks