Friday, March 20, 2009

Awkward Hammock

Alright, if ever you are bored, well, if ever you are as awkward as me and are bored, go get into a hammock. Trust me my friend, may an adventure awaits. Today is my lovely day off, and apparently everyone is working. It's fine. So I decided that I'm not living up to my full potential Orlando tan, so I went to Mickey's Retreat. It's this fan-freakin'-tastic area for cast member to go and, you know, whatever. It's awesome. So I went, and for the last 20 minutes or so, I noticed that there was in fact a hammock open. Um, I really like hammocks. And so naturally, I go and get in it. Well it's been a while since I had gotten in one apparently because I tried the whole get in thing, and it was no bueno. Um, yeah. Let me paint you a little picture. Emmilie getting into the hammock, and wiggling around awkwardly for about 2.7 seconds, when suddenly the hammock flips and Emmilie face plants it onto the sand. It hurt, and I laughed out loud. It was one of those awesome/awkward/typical/hilarious/I kind of hope that no one saw/I secretly hope that they did because it makes the story even sweeter type moments in life. So I made it back into the hammock with no awkward mishaps. Thank goodness. But just wait. So I'm getting pretty warm, and am pretty sure that my flesh is in fact burnt. So I'm waiting until the end of Swallowed in the Sea to try my dismount. Well I waited a song too long, because as Coldplay is rockin' out, and serenading me, these two highly attractive men (probably Aussies too) come over and pick some chairs right behind my hammock. That equals an awesome view of Emmilie face planting it AGAIN. And come on, I still have some dignity so I was trying really hard to figure out a way to get out of that wretched hammock without making a total moron out of myself. I heart awkward lives. So the song ended, and the moment came to make my most likely awkward getaway. But, by a small miracle, I was able to balance myself on that awkward hammock, and get off like a normal person. And once again, part of me wanted to have an awesome ending to this story, and totally eat it again, but the rational part of me was grateful for a smooth dismount. So once again, my life is awkward. Thank you, and goodnight. 

No comments: