Saturday, February 6, 2010

Good Day

Today is a good day. My sister and I drove to Walgreen's so I could get some last minute things before I leave tomorrow. (Ahem, hair products.) We blasted David Archuleta's CD full blast and belted it out with no shame. Afternoon well spent. While at Walgreen's I spotted the find of the century, and found my secret weapon for making friends in the MTC. Harry Potter Valentines. Yep. I just became the coolest sister in the MTC. Truth. With such clever Valentine's Day salutations as "Have an enchanted Valentine's Day!" and "We have a magical friendship!" along with a sticker insert for every card, what's not to love? It won my heart, as I suspect it will those who are in my zone. I'm very excited for this years cliche deceleration of love day. It shall be grand. My sister wanted me to get some Jonas Brothers Valentines, but on principle, I had to adamantly refuse. Sorry, Kenz. I just couldn't do it. While driving home, we were both confessing our super-secret-spy-crushes on Harry. My sister affectionately refers to him as "Hotter Potter." Cute. So after a day of David Archuleta, Harry Potter, and hair products, I have come to the conclusion that life is good. Thank you, and goodnight.

7 comments:

Polly Scott said...

And your sister ended up getting the same awesome valentines for her class...so she can be as cool at school!

Terrianne said...

I know you can't read this, but I just finished hosting you and your lovely companion for dinner, and we happened to discover that we both love to blog, so I asked for your blog address. I figure maybe your mom or your sister might read this. And then they could know how much we loved meeting you and having you in our home this evening. You are a wonderful missionary!

Polly Scott said...

Terriannne...a tender mercy from the Lord!

will said...

Terrianne....I am just the step-dad but your words put tears in my eyes and joy on my heart...we love her so much and could only part with her under so noble a cause...give her a hug from me if you read this and tell her Voltron loves her...

Terrianne said...

Polly, as I said on my own blog, I will deliver both the "hi" and the "hug." Having recently been a missionary mom, I totally understand all the emotions.

Will, she actually told us about her family, including you; I remember hearing your name, so I don't think you are "just" the step-dad. She loves ALL her parents; that is obvious when you talk to her.

Take care, both of you!

Polly Scott said...

We received an email on Monday, but I haven't received a letter in two weeks...I know you were out of stamps..but I miss you. You are doing so awesome on your mission...I am really proud of you! You are an inspiration to your whole family!

Love,
Mom

Polly Scott said...

Got an email from you today...you had hiked glacier yesterday...I miss you! It's been 6 months...Nate and I were talking about how fast it has gone and how excited we'll be in 6 more months...keep up the good work...you are awesome!