Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Say What?

So today a boy told me that he loved me. Um... thank you? Really, how do you respond to that? I haven't really seen this guy all semester. We just have our random facebook chats, that end in...nothing really. Just a promise of a repeat of the same conversation the next time we log in and waste our lives away. I just really don't get it. But then it got me thinking about the concept of love. I have never been in love. Infatuation? Yes. Deep like? Sure. Love? Freak no. I just have never had the opportunity. Don't get the wrong idea. I'm not anti-love. I promise. I just am not feelin' it yet... So this declaration is kind of like...I don't even know. Something without a name, that I will probably label as awkward when passing this story on. So for now, dear men, please keep your hormones to yourself, and refrain from cheesy lines leading up to an expression of your love and affection. Thank you, and goodnight.

1 comment:

Gardner Buchanan said...

That's interesting. Unusual, but interesting. You have watch these yourg LDS men. I am assuming LDS due to the nature of his statement of love. When I was at the Y I remember so many times that I heard of couples professing their love for each other within a few dates. Go figure. Love you bunches.
Dad