Friday, December 26, 2008

SkyHarbor International

Airports are curious places with curious people. They are filled with families, friends, colleagues, and lovers all being reunited. It is a place of love, and fond memories. "Remember that time that Aunt Ruth spilled the soda all over herself, and the newborn?" Timmy says to his brother Tommy. "Oh yeah! I forgot about that one!" Shouts Tommy in reply. And then Aunt Ruth walks through the terminal, and Timmy and Tommy are with her once again to make some more sweet memories. Airports are full of moments like that, and I love to watch them. I guess some could call it stalking; I call it love. There are always the awkward couples that you see, and mentally cringe because of the awkwardness of it all. However, I tend to embrace the awkward, because it just reminds me of myself, and gives me a glimpse of what my future is sure to look like. Hello, awkward. Then you have the family who is going home from vacation in exotic Mesa, Arizona, who now all need a vacation from each other. They are always fun to watch. So as I board Delta Flight 1606 scheduled for arrival into Salt Lake Airport at 3:45, I make a vow to always and forever go a people watching while inside an airport. Thank you, and goodnight. 

1 comment:

will said...

I still say the man was an IRA terrorist going to meet a Nazi reformist