Friday, December 5, 2008

Minor Details

For the life of me, I cannot decide on my major. Not even gonna lie, I pretty much change it every week. For real life. My problem is that I want to do everything!! Which is good, yet terribly confusing and frustrating at the same time!! I just can't decide, and it is so aggravating!!! Amen. I love my major, and know for sure that I want to go into Journalism, so that is a blessing and a half, but this whole minor thing is going to be the death of me. And I am to the point where I really have to choose, because I have to start on it so I can graduate on time!!! Stress!!! So let's review the different Minor's of Emmilie Buchanan:

  1. English Education
  2. Theatre Arts
  3. Marriage and Family Studies
  4. English
  5. Psychology
  6. Political Science
  7. Culinary Arts
  8. Cluster in Literature and a Cluster in Theatre Arts

So yeah... I don't know. This week I want to do a cluster in Literature, and a cluster in Theatre Arts. What brought all this on you may ask? Well, I am reading The Great Gatsby for a class, and forgot how brilliant the writing was. Pretty sure there have been moments where I just stop, and almost cry because the writing is so phenomenal. Don't laugh. And, I saw a play this week, and I forgot how much I miss it and completely love it. Indeed. So I don't know what to do. All I know is that I cannot study Psychology any more. I may in fact shoot myself. So dear readers, if you have any suggestions, that would in fact be stupendous. If not, I will probably move on to something radical next week... like, oh, I don't know, Botany, or Geology, or Horticulture. Translation? SAVE ME!!! I clearly need some help. Thank you, and goodnight.

5 comments:

marneyd said...

Poli Sci! Poli Sci! Poli Sci! WHoooha! Why? Uhhh, marginally useful and can lead to other things. Which says nothing about whether it would be chokingly boring or difficult to study now. Sort of an investment. Do you have to decide before you get back from FL? I bet you can see what happens in FL first. Maybe you'll want to major in graphic arts and draw woodland animals that sing and do housework for the rest of your life.

Gardner Buchanan said...

Poli Sci? Are you kidding? Stick you with a fork when you are done. This advise is from a woman who is a lawyer and was a zoology major. I clearly remeber that Marney wanted to go sleep with the fishes when she got out of college. She's very nice, but alas, deluded (shhh....too many kids at her age).
I can't give you a whole lot of help from my experience. Mine was Economics. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I think you have some theatre make-up still in your system. You are always great on the stage.

Courtney said...

I love The Great Gatsby!! It's one of my all time favorite books!!! I say go with theater arts!

will said...

I see you as a cop......big gun,nightstick, and a jelly filled....you know that's where your heart is....you get to drive cars fast and if you do hit someone you can blame it on them.....you look good in blue and there always is that nice shiny badge....bling bling....I know in the Aaronic motto there is something about getting as much education as possible, alas you are not in the priesthood and a lifetime of minors doesn't really resonate....maybe something to do with decoupage.....later gotta go dig a ditch...my major....

Polly Scott said...

my vote is theater, you can change your roll as often as your mind and no decision is required!!

Mom