Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Trove of Treasures/Crap

So today I started the always daunting task of unpacking. But this was an interesting experience. I packed these boxes over a year and a half ago. So it was a party and a half. I cranked up the tunes, and had a dance party...for one...sad. And I danced it out and unpacked. And Holy St. Francis. Let me tell you. I have so much crap. Had so much crap. Now I just have some crap and three huge garbage bags full of junk. Good thing my family moved that crap around with them. See what happened was this: I had to pack up all of my crap for college before I moved out. Pretty much everyone does. However, my family was at that point in the process of moving to Arizona, so all the rest of my crap had to be boxed up and they got to take it to Arizona with them. Aren't they so lucky!! So today I finally unpacked it all. And what a blast from the past it was. Holy crap.

I found my Thespian sweater, and do in fact refuse to take it off. It is pretty much the coolest thing...ever. I found my old high school dance pictures. They were really funny to look at, and remember how important all of it seemed at the time. Mostly it was a lot of awkwardness. But I still liked it. I found all of my theatre stuff, and random notes from friends. I forgot how big of a part Nate was in my high school experience. I missed him a lot today, and planned to write to him, but we'll see how that one goes... I found all of my books!!! That was a happy day!! I kept unpacking Disney stuff, and it just reaffirmed the fact that I was made to work in the happiest place on earth!! I found an old journal too. That was great. I read a little bit of it, and just laughed out loud. I wish I could go back to those problems! My life was great in High School!! Oh, nostalgia.

So it kind of hit me, that the next time I move all of this crap will probably be when I move into my own place, or get married or something. That was kind of weird. My husband is going to think I'm slightly nuts with all of the theatre crap that I have. Oh well... I think it's kind of funny.

But most importantly, I have learned that I was far more of a pack-rat in High School than I am now. Thank goodness. Now I just throw the junk away. Exhibit A: the three overflowing Extra-Duty garbage bags outside my door. Thank you, and goodnight.

No comments: