Thursday, December 11, 2008

Achy Breaky Heart


You can tell the world you never was my roommie

You can burn my pictures when I'm gone

Or you can tell your friends just what a fool I've been

And laugh and joke about me on the phone


But don't break my heart, my achy breaky heart

I just don't think it'd understand

And if you break my heart, my achy breaky heart

He might blow up and kill this man

Ooo


Okay, so maybe a little drastic, especially in that first verse... but alas. Such is the state of my soul this Thursday night. Why this melancholy mood, you may ask dear readers... I shall elucidate. In a few days' time, I shall be traveling back to the land of Arizona. There I shall remain for a short while, to celebrate the Christmas Holidays. From there I shall continue onward to my homebodies in Utah. There we shall be reunited and commence in much merriment. For shizzle. From that great Salty place, I shall pack up all of my crap and move across the country to the land of oranges, sometimes referred to as Florida. It shall be grand, and my heart swells with excitement. However, now at this point of time in my life, my heart is swelling with sorrow. I am moving away from my amazing roommates, and I can hardly bear it. I am so sad, and did in fact have a real-live cry part today.


Mary is leaving me forever. Okay, so not. But she is transferring to BYU to change the world. I am so excited for her, and I know that she will be amazing! But this was our last chance to live together. And it was great! And I laughed. A lot. But no more. So I shall sing the sad song: "Sadness. Sad Song. S-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-d S-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ng..." (Imagine some riffing in there, and it makes the whole thing better....)


Kinsey is leaving tomorrow, and I think I shall die. It is heartbreaking. And before I die, I shall probably weep. But alas, I will be her pen pal from Florida, and I may be able to go on. Indeed. We will have Love Shack Dance Parties conference calls. Or something...


Jennifer is leaving sometime that is still being determined. And there shall be tears shed then too. Who am I going to have Angry Dance Nights with? Who shall make my heart happy like only she can? Yeah, the achy breaky one...


Laura is leaving Saturday, and that is sadness as well. Who is going to give me those hugs when things go to crap? Whatever shall I do?


Marie is hopefully staying this weekend. She can party like a rock star with me Saturday night. I will miss her humor and her fish. Okay, so maybe not so much the fish. But I still think she is the bomb.com.


Yes dear readers, on Sunday Morning, I am taking the shuttle of death to the Salt Lake Airport, where I shall board a flight that is to take me away from my darling roommates. And my soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even unto death. (Someone read their scriptures today...) I don't know what I will do. Weep, I suppose. Sorry for this sad, sad day. But as a sad, sad day, I felt that it needed to be treated as such. And don't fret dear readers. I shall return to my happy, and oh so slightly sarcastic self in no time. But for now, I need some time to mend my heart, my achy breaky heart. Thank you, and goodnight.


1 comment:

Staci said...

Okay.. that is seriously not the best look for you! DON"T DO IT AGAIN!