Thursday, December 18, 2008

So, I'm Pretty Sure I Love Fictional Men

As you probably have gathered by now, I am not a huge fan of any kind of weather that is not sunny and warm. Indeed. However, there are some perks that can be found from such miserable and disgusting weather. I am a sucker for getting warm, drinking a cup of hot chocolate, and reading a good book. This little love of mine brings me to another confession. I know, I know, I'm full of those lately. I just have to get it all off my chest. I love fictional men. Sometimes more than real-live men. I belong to the group on Facebook called, "So I'm pretty sure I love fictional men." It's kind of a problem. Is that bad? You may laugh; you may mock; you may roll your eyes in my general direction, but just hear me out.

  1. Pride and Prejudice. Hello? This is by far my favorite book of all time. Mr. Darcy?! Answer=YES!! I love him!! I love how much he cares for Elizabeth, and how he just longs to be with her! He is the greatest ever, and is perhaps my first love. I also will forever have a soft spot in my heart for Charles Bingly. Oh, yes.
  2. Emma. This is a tough one. I can't decide who I love more. Mr. Knightly or Darcy. Why the moral dilemma? Well...Mr. Knightly is just plain good! He is a charming person that you can't help but love. But I loved Darcy first, and I must be true to my heart.
  3. Sense and Sensibility. Yes, I love Colonel Brandon. He is so persistent. And delightful. And tender. And caring. And wonderful. Oh, how I love him.
  4. Wuthering Heights. Okay, so I will be the first to admit that in real life, Heathcliff is not exactly the type of man I would bring home to meet my parents. It's fine. But I can still have a super secret spy crush on him. It's fine. The thing I love most about Heathcliff is how much he loved Catherine. He is terribly proud, but the passion, and the love that he has is incredible. It is an incredible part to read when she dies...oh, my heart almost wept. The language is beautiful. Read it!
  5. Twilight. Team Edward. All the way. Really, what more can I say about a beautiful, charming, and gentleman-like vampire. I mean really, what more could you want??
  6. Hamlet. I will forever and ever have a crush on Hamlet. He is terribly brilliant, and I love him.
  7. Cyrano de Bergerac. Okay, so the nose is a bit big, but he is wonderful! I love him too.
  8. And for some inexplicable reason, Edmond Dantes from the Count of Monte Cristo.

There you have it. The inner-workings of my soul. I hope you enjoy it. And next time it snows, or rains, or slushes, grab a book and fall in love again. Thank you, and goodnight.

4 comments:

Staci said...

That is a lot to live up to.. But it is true.. fictional men are pretty great!

will said...

I'll agree with your one on the nose....he was a real cool fictional man.......Kill someone then go write poetry to the love of his life....I do it all the time.....the neckbiter though I saw him on screen only and he didn't suck he kinda blew.....but what about the terminator ???? buff and will do whatever you say....."HONEY you look so big and strong......GO mop the garage"

Emmilie said...

Oh, he's hot and all, but he is not from the 18th century...so clearly we already have a problem.

Samantha Renee said...

I must say that I absolutely love the list. Although I do not know how I feel about Cyrano de Bergerac, but hey, to each her own right? You are amazing! Miss you tons!

samantha renee