Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Team Jacob

Right, so I saw New Moon today. I expected to hate it, not gonna lie. But, for the most part, I actually highly enjoyed it. I won't lie, I laughed at the inappropriate time thrice, but can you blame me? The part when Edward and Bella were frolicking, yes frolicking, through the woods was enough to send a better woman than I though the roof. I mean, really? Who wrote that? Anyways, frivolous frolicking, and nonsensical slow-motion shots of Edward walking with his front shirt open, billowing in the wind aside, it was a decent film.

Confession: I am now Team Jacob. When I read the books, I was Team Edward all the way. But after the fateful casting of total fool Robert Pattinson, I made the best decision of my life, and stitched to Team Jacob. Bless you Taylor Lautner, bless you. Thank you for being brave, and in a cast of non-actors, having the audacity to show some integrity to your craft. Thank you for acting. And thanks for the extra 30 pounds of muscle. Nice touch.

Again, audiences were baffled by Edward Cullen and Bella Swan. You'd think that they wouldn't be nearly as awkward around each other, what after making a film together- twice, and oh I don't know, acting like they are in love. False. The awkwardness is just as prevalent, and painful as it was in the first film. Dudes, pull it together. You suck.

I highly enjoyed the wolves in this film. Way to be a pack, and way to be in the movie, whilst keeping me there as well. I enjoyed all the scenes without the vampires. They were the most believable, and the most real. Props.

Again, as a whole I enjoyed the film, and would see it again. Hopefully by the fourth one Bella and Edward won't be so bloody awkward. Thank you, and goodnight.

No comments: