Saturday, November 28, 2009

Future

Dear Sister Buchanan:

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Montana Billings Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.

You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, February 10, 2010. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the English language.

Sincerely,

God. And President Monson.

It happened. I finally got my mission call. 7 weeks after putting my papers in, many prayers, decisions, tears and testimony builders later- I have been called. To Montana. Bet you didn't see that one coming, did ya? Well me either, pal. But guess what? The more I ponder, the more I pray, I know that this is where I am supposed to be.

Not gonna lie- I am kind of terrified to go. I don't do small town very well. Oh, and did you know that Montana has the third lowest population density in the United States? Awesome sauce. Coincidentally, it is the fourth largest state. Ironic? Perhaps.

But guess what? I get to preach the gospel for the next 18 months of my life. That's worth living in Montana. That's worth tracking through farm country. I am so excited to serve my Lord. I know that this is the next step for me. And 20 bucks says that when I get back I can tell you anything you want to know about Montana, and have my Billings pride. Don't knock it till you try it, sucka!

This is cool: My mission covers the ENTIRE state of Montana, and part of Wyoming. Cool, huh? Don't deny it. You're jealous.

So on February 10, 2010 my life will forever change when I enter the MTC, learn how to teach by the spirit, and go forth, bearing testimony of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I can't wait. Montana, I heart you. Thank you, and goodnight.

4 comments:

will said...

God , and President Monson........Em you are brilliant....not gonna lie....eat it sucka...

jennifer said...

I am SUPER excited for you!

p.s. I haven't seen you in like a year...let's play sometime.

...before you leave forever.

xloaner said...

Dear Sister

I am a life long member of the
LDS Church and have always been
taught that God called each
missionary by inspiration.
I was pleasantly surprised to find that
the closing on your mission call letter was "God & President Monson" If so,please confirm the accurace of your letter, then I will finally be sure that callings are inspired.
Best of luck on your mission... Don Barker

Emmilie said...

Don,

No, my call letter did not say "God. And President Monson." But I know with all of my heart that this call came directly from God. This is where he would have me serve. He knows me, and he knows the good people of Montana. How blessed we are to have such an omnipotent, and loving Heavenly Father who can fulfill our needs as well as the needs of those we serve. This is the true church; I know this with all of my heart.