Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Life Takes Intrigue

Life is interesting. I am reading my blogs from last November, taking a little gander at what life was like, and what my most pressing concerns were. This time last year I was waiting for my letter from Disney, still saying yes to awkward dates, and expressing some well played witty remark about the latest presidential election. Now, I am currently waiting for a mission call while trying to overcome idiotic people, mostly men, who try to tell me that I am wrong for serving a mission. Oh really? Why don't you go ask God on my behalf, for I am clearly not capable of receiving personal revelation myself, thank you very much.

It is highly interesting, however, seeing how much I have changed in the last year, and how much I have been prepared for my mission. A year ago I would not be as forward as I am now. A year ago I didn't write the way I do now. A year ago I didn't have as much confidence and self-assurance as I do. A year ago I still cared what people thought. A year ago I wasn't as brave. A year ago I didn't know what it meant to love someone. A year ago I didn't think I was going to serve a mission. A year ago I didn't trust God as much as I do now. A year ago I was from Arizona... kind of. A year ago I was scared.

Secretly, I'm still scared now. A mission is a scary thing. The future will forever scare me. The unknown is a frightening concept. Yet, in this moment, I know that God is with me, and will be forever. And in this moment, that is all that I need to put one foot in front of the other, and follow my Savior, knowing that because of him, "there is always hope smiling brightly before me."

See? Life is interesting. Thank you, and goodnight.

2 comments:

J Black said...

Emmilie! I am so glad I finally got a chance to look at your blog! LOVE IT! You are an great writer and your perspective is so relatable! It is so bizarre to think about how many changes we go through at this crazy accelerated figure-out-our-lives rate, but it is all about becoming right?
I am so excited to hear about all your adventures ! Hate to be cliché, but you are going to be an amazing missionary, and good for you for not letting anyone bring you down!

roger l martin said...

Hello - Emmilie - Roger L Martin and thanks for the contact on twitter - I've been on a mission and it does take faith, if you have asked and god had confirmed your decision to go that do it - We all have our own fears no matter what age we are - they just grow with time as we get older - there are more things to be concerned about children and grand children - more family and friends - But I am sure that is just what god meant it to be - we should grow in faith as we grow in age -
Wishing you much success on your mission as you serve in faith and love - always remember these two things and a couple more - humility and patience - you will need all of these as you serve the lord - God bless you in your efforts - live as close to the spirit of God as you can and he will answer your prayers and give you the success in his work!
Roger L Martin
@ http://twitter.com/rogerleads
For now pray - study the scriptures and remain faithful-