Friday, April 17, 2009

Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It

So I officially decided today that one of my favorite things in this known world along with cereal, Swallowed in the Sea, and car dance parties is the Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It parade at the Magic Kingdom. That my friends is pure happiness. What more could you possibly want than 5 different floats of Disney characters bustin' a move and celebrating it? Then, just when you are about to submit that life cannot in fact get any better, they take their dance party to the street, and you too can celebrate it in the streets and just dance it out; you too can raise the roof; you too can shake your tail feathers like Donald Duck. It's awesome. You can swing dance with Mr. Incredible, or dance it out with Woody, Jesse or even Baloo the Bear. Yeah- that's a lot of awesome, and you can do it all. Then the congo line starts and you can't help but join on in and move those hips. It's amazing; simply amazing. 

Today I was at such a celebration, and I too moved it, shook it, and celebrated it. And as I was looking around, it was awesome to see everyone else doing the same. It was so happy! My heart, and probably my face laughed when I saw a man in his late fifties, with a scraggly beard, wearing a t-shirt with the sleeves ripped off,  with 8 whole teeth dancing it out in the streets. And it hit me, yeah! He can dance it out. That fine gentleman (we'll call him Harry) is in the happiest place on earth, and I was happy to share that with him. Dance it out, Harry. Just dance that one out. 

So I would like to submit this idea to the world. And it goes a little something like this: Come to the Magic Kingdom, and you, Harry and I will move it, shake it and celebrate it. And it shall be glorious. Thank you, and goodnight. 

2 comments:

Kinsey said...

I'm so there!

PS Normally I would say that and it would be somewhat if not completely sarcastic. BUT! This time I'm serious. And I'm freaking excited to move it, shake, and celebrate it with you and Harry. (He sounds like a great guy by the way)

Polly Scott said...

Shake your groove thing girl!!!