Monday, April 6, 2009

Life Takes Spontaneity

Okay, so tonight was an adventure. I went to FHE; thank you spirit, I feel better about life now. That was cute, and I got to answer questions about conference. woot. Oh, and get free bread. On the way home, I decided to ride with this nice girl I've never met named Ariel. She was a sweet girl; a sweet girl that likes to drive really fast. We pull onto Apopka-Vineland, right as I ask her where she is from. She give me a wry look, and says "Jersey," as we speed to our almost sudden deaths. But I figure we were speeding to our graves right past the temple so we were all fine right? Dying in front of the temple is okay. I had to wonder if that was planned though. The timing for her answering and accelerating was a little too correlated if you know what I mean. However, not ever having been to Jersey myself, I don't know how they drive. But thanks Ariel for handing me a new stereotype on a platter. You're a pal. Then, my buddy Jared drives up next to us. Um, Jared likes to drive fast too. So maybe Jared didn't want to lose to a girl. It's fine. So Jared+Jersey Girl=Near Death. I love me some competition when life is on the line; especially my life. It's the best. And just when I thought that this couldn't get any scarier this happens: there is an announcement from the back seat saying that someone or maybe something named Gummy Bear was calling her. (Say what?) This little news is followed with a squeal of delight, followed by a "Shut up! Gummy Bear? Gummy Bear?! Let me talk to him!!" Oh crap. So you are now going to drive 85 miles down the road while conversing on the phone with some apparently studly man named Gummy Bear? Answer=yes. And after a quick salutation of "Where have you been crack head?!" I began to worry about not only my life and the lives of the other three girls in the car, but our drivers sanity. Just saying is all. I was concerned. Luckily Gummy Bear didn't keep her occupied for too long, and that resulted in one less factor that would result in my imminent death. Then we got stuck at a light right when Hellogoodbye played one of my favorite dance party songs of all time. So, out of respect I began to dance it out. (CONFESSION SESSION: Dance parties in cars just may be one of my favorite things of life. It's fine.) While dancing it out, we attracted some onlookers from surrounding cars. I think that the old guy in that red shirt was just shocked/appalled by the youth of America more than anything else. Sorry Richard. (That's not his name, but it's seems fitting.) So after Hellogoodbye finishes their awesomeness, it's time to change music. But she changed it to some scratch-your-ear-drum-out teen bopper crap. And I wanted to punch her in the face for a million dollars. Luckily they finished up their craptastic song right as we were pulling into Little Lake Bryan, so all was well. After telling one of the girls my life story in about 24.7 seconds, we made a pact to be friends on facebook, and we said farewell. So all in all, not a bad night. Thank you, and goodnight. 

1 comment:

Jared said...

wow...is all i would have to say if i wasn't long winded. but seriously it was pretty fun...ok let me clear somethings up though...not sexist or anything but i would hate to loose to a girl in a race...everything else is ok, and a girl driving a honda...thats like 2 punches in the face and a round house kick all in one motion...yeah~~~~~sooooooo goood times. and yes my grammar sucks but it's ok.