Sunday, August 30, 2009

Play Your Strengths

Okay, so maybe I'm a bad person, but hear me out first. Right, so tomorrow I have to go to the DMV to get a new license, because guess what?? Mine expired in July, and guess who didn't have their birth certificate with them when they went to the DMV in Orlando?? Oh, yep- that'd be me. Emmilie Awesome Buchanan. Present. So now, to pay the price of my awesomeness I get to wait in line for approximately 8 hours, probably listen to some Tarzan music, get glared at by the wretched DMV worker who hates their job more than I hated operating a turnstile, and try not to get bamboozled by a door. Oh, and take the written test and the driving test. Did I mention that? Answer=I'm in trouble. I may or may not be what you would call a sketchy driver. Sometimes I don't pay attention, resulting in...problems... problems that always seem to cost money. Now don't get the impression that I'm some crazy woman driver. I'm just not as good as say... Jimmie Johnson. It's fine. I've also heard a rumor that Fortuna roads are narrower, and pesky people like to park their cars on the street, thereby making the roads even more narrow. Awesome. Thanks dudes. I may or may not have some anxiety in my heart about passing this test. Just saying is all. But, I have a plan. Now, this is where the whole "Is Emmilie an awful person?" question comes into play, but just bear with me. My plan is thus: Dress to the nines, put on some lip stick, actually do my hair, and flirt my way into a driver's license. Let's face it, I'm far better at flirting than I am at driving. So... why not play your strengths... right? Judge me if you must, but right now I need a drivers license. This is where the phrase "the end justifies the means..." come in handy. Thank you, and goodnight. 

2 comments:

Jared said...

ok, does it make me a terrible person to laugh at people that push on a pull door and then take a step back and then try it again...yeah. that was a good time. and the tarzan music didn't really help either now did it?

Unknown said...

HAHAH to your blog and to Jared's comment. I still don't understand the whole Tarzan music thing to begin with...I mean do they just play Tarzan music 24/7 there? That would kinda blow after a while right? And I am now laughing because I am imagining the sound of Tarzan's yell and all the fun times that surrounded it and all the laughter. Good luck!