Thursday, August 6, 2009

With Love,

Right so the time is almost upon us dear friends. The time where Emmilie goes back. Back to real life; back to normalcy; back to cares and responsibilities; back to studying; back to jackets and hats; back to the Testing Center; back to awkward dates with the square from the library who happens to be in your ward; back to exercising in the Hart; back to eating healthy except for on sundays when everyone and their neighbors makes dessert to share; back to stadium singing; back to elevation; back to cold; back to everything. It's a very surreal feeling; the feeling that I'm leaving this place that has become in my mind, home. I love Orlando. I love everything about it, and truly, I will miss it. But it has been said, that all good things must come to an end, and indeed this has been good. Now it is time to end. 

These past few days have been a whirlwind of memories for me. Winning a game of mini golf with my superior knowledge of Monopoly. Staying up until 3 in the morning watching Nacho Libre. Awkward foreigners- thank you, Epcot. Super Secret Spy-Crushes.  Embracing my inner Hippie. Hunting alligators. Bruce and Sheldon. Cici's Pizza. The "Hell"icopter. Rotating at the Grand Floridian. Wendy's runs. Dwight Howard's deltoids. The beach. "Is that where the President eats?" Almost killing myself on my scarf...twice. Dance parties in Jared's car. 

Indeed these past few months here in Orlando have been some of the best of my life. I would not trade a minute. I have learned so much about life; about love; about patience; about friendship; about leadership and examples; about everything. My testimony has been strengthened, and I have been enlightened on multiple occasions. How blessed I have been, and how excited I am to take what I have learned here and take on the world- or at least my small little section of Rexburg...

Thank you dear friends. Thank you, Courtney for being you and dancing it out with me all those nights. Thank you, Jordan for all of the laughs and "Guys, that was funny. That was funny guys." Thank you, Shaun for teaching me to be a little bit more of a hippie, and for making me laugh. Thank you, Shanae for story time, and those nights where we just laugh... a lot. (It's 3 AM... WHAT?!?!?) Thank you, Hannah. You are such an example to me, and I heart you. Thank you, Brett for all of your crap... love ya. Thank you, Jared... for everything- for all the rides, and remembering everything I forget, and well, everything. I heart all of you guys. 

So I have 9 days left... crazy right? Let's remember the good times, and the great times. Let's always look back on these past 8 months and remember, "Um, yep... that was awesome. Amen."

Thank YOU, and goodnight. 

No comments: