Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ahead

Do you ever have those days where you hear something at church, or work or school or wherever that your soul needed to hear? Do you ever feel like you were in the right place at the right time for the Lord to teach you something extremely important? Do you ever feel overwhelmed with this new knowledge that you have gained, because guess what? it means change is on the way? Such is today. 

Over the past few days I have been thinking a lot about change. I still maintain the opinion that change is a good thing. It helps you grow. It helps you progress. It helps you learn. Thank goodness I'm not the same as I was 2 years ago, or even 9 months ago. Thank goodness for progression. Although change is undoubtedly a positive thing, it does bring with it a certain amount of trepidation and uncertainty. I think that it makes you stronger. For me, the future is a beautiful thing, however I have this thing called fear of the future. Maybe it is a fear of commitment. Maybe it's just that I've never experienced it so I don't know what to expect. Whatever the case, it still scares me. Yet the fear can be empowering. I can do anything; I have so many opportunities before me. I have my whole life staring me down from afar. It's exciting, but let's face it slightly terrifying all the same. Bring it on. Thank you, and goodnight. 

No comments: