Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Faith vs. Fear

So today I went for my bike ride/run, and tried not to hurt myself. It's fine. While I was riding I passed some deer crossing the road. They looked petrified. They stared me down, and the closer I got to them the more uneasy they became. I have never seen fear take hold of an animal so quickly before in my life. One of them wasn't even close, but the moment it saw me coming around the corner it started darting off in any direction it could think of in order to get away. I passed them, and thought to myself, "Wow, I'm so glad that I don't live in that kind of fear...." I stopped my bike so fast that I was almost thrown over the handle bars. I have been living with fear of the future for a few years now. But guess what, whether I like it or not, the future is coming right around the corner. I can try to run off in any direction to get away from it, but it's still going to come. Knowing that, wouldn't it be so much better to face it with faith rather than with fear? God has said that faith and fear cannot exist in the same place. I love God, so I choose faith. I will no longer fear, but go forward with faith to whatever comes my way. Thank you, and goodnight. 

1 comment:

Jared said...

this sounds like it would be in an ensign article or something like that. really good point though. grab life by the horns...or whatever. but good point i don't fear anything anymore except women when they are mad...you know the "hell hath no fury like a womans" or whatever it really says i don't know but yeah that's really all that scares me now.