Thursday, August 20, 2009

Contrast

Right, so I figured something out this week. It goes a little something like this: The beaches in Northern California are far colder than any beach in Florida. This was a slightly depressing realization to say the least. Let's compare and contrast these two places, with the foreknowlege that both places are wonderful in their own special ways. It's fine. 

Right, so first we have Florida beaches. This is Clearwater Beach to be exact. Beautiful, warm, relaxing, warm, tropical, warm, and sunny. This is my kind of place. 

This is the beach 5 miles away from my casa in Ferndale. It is a wonderful beach, but it is SO cold, and highly windy. A jacket was required. It was relaxing to watch the waves come in while your feet become frost bitten. It's awesome. Love freezing cold beaches SO much!! 

This is what you and your peeps look like at the beaches in Florida. Shades: on. Surf: good. Sun: HOT. Smiles: yes. It is a good day. 


Here, on the California beaches, we have two beach goers who seem to be in pain... Oh dear. 


I really do love having a beach so close to home. Even if it is a tid bit chilly... It's fine. I love the beach and I love Ferndale. (For real.) It's just a little bit of a contrast to what I'm used to... Opposition in all things. It's totally fine. Thank you, and goodnight. 


No comments: