Tuesday, August 18, 2009

County Fair

Right, so good thing I came home just in time for the Humboldt County Fair! That was a close one... I haven't been to the fair in years, and the memories associated with it are somewhat a blur. My dad's peppers winning a fancy award; getting a pony ride; rain; the giant yellow slide; watching the cow judging; fireworks, maybe? Like I said, a blur. This little fair was so much fun! Good ole' Ferndale... This fair was full of fine art exhibits, missing livestock (it's fine.) rides, giant smoothies, making 7-year-old friends on the swings, learning how much I suck at the ring toss, a tray of french fries as big as my face, making fun of the creamery princess, pounding it with Obama, face painting, hot chocolate, and family. It was a great day. 

I found this awesome booth covered in posters just waiting to be won. The catch? You had to throw a dart onto the one you wanted. No trading allowed! There was a beautiful poster of the beautiful James Dean on the right wall. Oh snap. My aim is somewhat less than awesome. Last time I played darts I couldn't even pop the balloon. It's fine. So I tried my best and hit the Grateful Dead poster right next to it. Awesome sauce. Luckily, the lady running the booth who was missing teeth, and very sweet heard me say that I wanted the James Dean poster, and she hooked a sister up. That was great. Not only did she hook me up with the handsome James Dean, she also threw in a poster of Elvis Presley because she "just knew that I loved him too." Thanks pal. She was great. 

Then we meandered our way over to the dime toss. This is my dad's favorite part of the fair, so 13 dollars and 130 dime tosses later, we won a giant green shark and a little nemo fish. That was awesome. 

Pretty sure that one of my childhood dreams is to get my face painted... it's never happened before, and I always felt a little robbed. Never fear. I went to the fair, and guess what? I got a giant dinosaur painted on my face. It was legit. This really sweet lady, who was also coincidentally missing teeth showed me a facepainting book. I told her that I used to have the same one, and we became insta-friends. It was great. The she painted on my dinosaur, and made it magical by putting on sparkles with her own lip gloss... that was a little sketch I'm not gonna lie, but whatev. She was really sweet. Bless her. I kind of felt like a square for walking around with a dinosaur on my face, but not really. It was amazing. Then I had a dance party by myself to "I've Got a Feeling," my siblings laughed at me, and then we hugged it out. All in all, it was a great day. Love the fair; love the fam; love you; thank you, and goodnight. 

Giant Tray of Fries!!! Can you say heart attack??


Me and my mom...chillin. Love her. 


Pounding it with Obama. Word. 

Throwin' up some gang signs with Kenz.


Serious Dime Tossers. 


Freakin' Sweet Poster Booth. It's fine. And I love James Dean. 

Love the Fair!! And hot chocolate! It was freezing!!

Getting my face painted!! 

Dinosaur on face=legit. 

5 comments:

Jenica said...

this post was so amazingly awesome that i wanted to read it again. i love your dinosaur on your face (although i agree with you that the sparkle lip gloss is kinda sketch). i love the giant yellow slide. i want to go to the fair...

Jared said...

missing toothed lady's lipgloss on face=nast...but that's awesome you got your face painted. and what is the dinosaurs name? Tyrell right...? j/k

Jared said...

apparently i can never say everything in one post so it takes multiple ones...yeah that's way more fries than you get at five guys burgers...and yes actually you do look like your mother...funny how that works right?

Wendi J said...

Wow, you look so much like your mom. Yay for sketchy people, they are awesome. We have a custodian at my school covered in tattoos who looks like he used to be or could still be a gangster.

jennifer said...

so kind of random...but your little brother looks kind of exactly like my other roommates brother only younger by several years..it's almost creepy..haha