Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy 21st!

So it happened. I turned 21. It was kind of a weird feeling all day, because guess what? Emmilie Buchanan has entered the realm of "adult." Weird. Whatever, it's just a title. I'll still act the way I want to. It's fine. So on this day of achievement... or something... Shanae and I went on an adventure. We walked to Perkins... where the President eats.... and had glorious omlets. Shanae told our server, we'll call her Bev, that it was my birthday, and she gave me a giant chocolate muffin. It was divine. Bev then asked me how old I was. I told her it was the big 21, and she asked if I was going to go crazy tonight. I smiled, told her no, and explained that I don't drink. She looked highly shocked, stuttered over, "Oh, w-w-ell that's g-g-good," and walked away with a baffled look on her face. To this, I laughed out loud. I heart the word of wisdom. 

After breakfast, we ran over to Downtown Disney and checked out the beach shop, looked longingly at the Ray Bans, and got a little too close to buying half of the Roxy merchandise. Then Shanae and I continued our journey to Hollywood Studios. We were in dire need of water, so we hit up the nearest kiosk where this nice boy named Oliver gave me a free cookie for my birthday. What a stud. It helped that I had a happy birthday button on. It's fine. Then we rode tower of terror, and I'm pretty sure that Shanae almost had an aneurism. It's fine. Then, on our way to the bar another nice boy named Philipe called us over, and gave us free ice cream. Love being a girl, knowing how to work the girlish charm, and getting free stuff. It's great. 

So, it was my 21 birthday, so naturally we needed to go to a bar. It had to happen. Oh, don't worry. We ordered Shirley Temples. And it was amazing. The bar tender laughed at us a little bit, and looked a little put out, but she was pregnant- which could have been why. (And yes, I too find it a little ironic that she was pregnant and tending the bar. It's fine.) Then it was off to dinner at Sweet Tomatoes where we met Hannah, Jared and Brett, and I ate more salad than is probably healthy, but I loved every minute. I heart Sweet Tomatoes. And props to Jared and Brett for eating there. Thanks dudes. 

After dinner and lots of laughter we headed over to Hannah's casa for a pool party. It was great fun. Then we ate cake, and almost passed out from exhaustion. All in all it was a glorious day. I heart birthdays. 


Beautiful flowers from my Mamma!

That glorious little muffin from Perkins...where the President eats. 

Getting ready to ride Tower of Terror. Shanae was somewhat less than thrilled. 


Free ice cream! Thanks Phillipe!! 


Lovin' those Shirley Temples... 


Cake. 


Getting ready to eat cake. 

Brett, me, and Jared. 


Thank you, and goodnight. 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

"That is the biggest American flag I've ever seen! Does the president eat there?...oh and do you happen to have a watch box?"
(of course this quote is done in a not so proper English accent)

Emmilie said...

"In fact I do have a watch box!!"

will said...

what what what....you are ADULT at 21 !?!?!?....I mean I knew it was supposed to happen sometime....crap crap crap.....gotta change my priorities....put away the crayons....stop buying the underoos.....I am sooo behind......Happy Birthday again....

Jenica said...

awe happy birthday emmilie! i'm glad you had an adventure and worked your girlish charm :P

Staci said...

You are so tan.. look at you in your florida glow! Very nice! Looks and sounds like you had a fabulous day!
Happy late birthday to you!

Alina said...

Hey you got a new phone! When did that happen? And glad you had a great day. :)