Thursday, July 2, 2009

Cassette Tapes

Right, so I have decided that my life is like one of those old school commercials for one of those compilation cassette tapes. You know what I'm talking about. Those awesome sauce commercials that have Berry Manilow, or Elton John rocking in out on the screen as 17 or 18 different craptastic love songs, or 80's songs roll down your screen. My favorite part of those commercials is that the song they were currently playing would always be highlighted in yellow. So as not to confuse the general public. Thank you; thank you. And they were so great because within the period of 30 seconds they would give you a little smattering of what the tape was like, and all the reasons for you NOT to buy it. Got to love that old school advertising. But this morning, as I was pondering the universe once again, I started thinking about these commercials for some unfathomable reason, and it hit me that they are a little bit like my life. I feel like I have 17 or 18 craptastic love songs, and 80's songs that are so defining of what life is like for Emmilie Buchanan. Because things are constantly changing, and always moving forward just like the songs on that screen. Now the one major difference between my life and those horrific commercials is that my life is awesome. And I'm sure that if it ever was turned into one of those craptastic commercials, I would have such hits as "Friday I'm In Love," "I Do Not Hook Up," "Don't Stop Believing," "Miss Independent," while also featuring such classics such as "The Best is Yet to Come," and "All You Need is Love." So I hope that within these 30 seconds I too have given you a little smattering of what my life is really like, and convinced you to buy the cassette tape of my life. Because guess what my friends, it's awesome. Thank you, and goodnight. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it on sale?

Just kidding I would totally buy it full price =)

but only if you buy mine
bahahaha

Jared said...

i'm with nae nae ↑ on purchasing the cd...mine wouldn't be as good as ya'lls though...it would be more like 300 reasons to slit your wrists or something like that...j/k don't worry not anyway suicidal at all.