Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I Hate Michael Jackson. I Said It.

Okay, I have to get this out. I am so bloody sick of hearing about Michael Jackson I could punch you in the face. Really people? He was not a good person! So why in the world are we remembering him as this saintly figure who was just trying to make the world a better place? Really? He was a pedophile!! Sure he contributed some great music to the world, and I too love to dance it out to "Thriller", or "Beat it." It's fine. But really? I think the media and pretty much the world in general has gone a little over the top. He was a troubled, creepy, don't-look-him-square-in-the-eye man. So stop all the crap about how the world has had a great loss. Um, nope. Because as far as I can tell they will still play "The Way You Make Me Feel" on the radio, and people will still line up and try to dance to thriller, when really all of America only knows the first 3 counts of 8 anyways. 

Today at work I heard something that sent me over the edge. Several co-workers were discussing what everyone discusses now. Michael Jackson. They were discussing what they think should happen to the Neverland Ranch. One woman said that they should turn it into a place for kids with cancer to recover, and get the necessary treatment. Oh, because that's what Michael would have wanted. Shut. The. Front. Door. YOU DON'T KNOW HIM!!! You don't know that that's what he would have wanted!! I'll bet you a million dollars he would not have wanted to turn that bloody ranch into anything for kids with cancer! It's totally fine. That was my cue to leave before I stepped out of my usually non-confrontational shell and blown a fuse. I'm so sick of Michael Jackson. Thank you for your time and patience in letting me vent. Thank you media for giving me blogging material. Thank you co-workers for providing entertainment. And Thank you, and goodnight. 

3 comments:

Wendi J said...

So true so true. Maybe his kids can have a semi normal life now that creepy mccreeperton is gone.

Hannah said...

I disagree. I understand where you are coming from and where you are going with this. I remember when Princess Di was supposedly dead. For Heaven's Sake, people! Let the woman DIE!!! In fact, we still hear about her! So I get that you are done hearing about healing the world and how we are the world.
But I will miss the music that he could have contributed to the world and the dancing that he always inspired. And frankly, he was a very troubled little boy with a lot of crap thrown his way. We can't judge. It's fine. :)

Corey Lyn said...

Em!! Exactly my thoughts! The man is dead.... he was a creep. People need to get over it!