Thursday, July 2, 2009

Gypsy

Right so, this morning I woke up like 4 hours before I was supposed to. Awesome. Love that. And I didn't really have anything to do... so I messed around on facebook, naturally. I decided to clean up my profile, because I hate the really long and all-inclusive profiles that so many people have. Just give me the basics here folks. I don't need nor do I want to hear you life story in your profile. It's fine. So I got to the hometown portion of the profile, and got stumped. Thoroughly. I don't really have a home town. If by definition of hometown you mean where you were born: answer=St. Louis. If by hometown you mean where you lived the longest: answer=Sandy, Utah. If by hometown you mean where you liked it the best: answer=Orlando. If by hometown you mean where are you going back to: answer=Rexburg, Idaho. If by hometown you mean where is your family: answer=Ferndale, California. If by hometown you mean where did you grow up: answer=Kansas City, Kansas; Salt Lake City, Utah; Eagan, Minnesota; Acworth, Georgia; Prescott, Arizona. If by hometown you mean where do you call home: answer=I have no bloody idea. Probably where the family is... but I don't call California home. Do you see the predicament I am in? I hate the question "So where are you from?" A dreaded question that I answer literally every day. And the answer is always some awkward stuttering form of, "Well.. all over." Where am I from. I've started telling people that I'm from America, but apparently that's not good enough for some people. That have to know where in America. And that my friends, is where it gets a little tricky. I probably have a complex about the whole home thing. Awesome. At least I have a place to always call home, even though every time I go there it's in a new state. Maybe I'll just really send everyone for a loop, move to Biddeford, Maine, and call that home. Done and done. I'll send you all a post card. Thank you, and goodnight. 

1 comment:

Jared said...

you would! move to maine and call that home i mean...j/k