Friday, July 17, 2009

Fabulous

Right, so yesterday I had the sudden impulse to get my hair cut. Generally these impulsive haircuts work out the best for me, so I went with it. Shanae decided that she also would highly enjoy a haircut, so without further ado I called the Cut and Color Room. I was scheduled with Richard for 8:00 that evening, and she was scheduled with Holly for the same time. They asked for my name, my cell phone number, oh, and my credit card number. It was legit. I had never felt so serious about getting a haircut before. Suddenly my impulsiveness caused a little bit of anxiety. What if I changed my mind in the next hour? Would they charge me. Yes. Yes they would. So I had to go and get my haircut. It was pretty intense. The entire time I was going over these events in my head, and I decided that this salon better be the shiz, and this better be the best hair cut of my life. 

Luckily our delightful "F" bus takes us to Crossroads where the Cut and Color Room is so conveniently located. We get there, and my anxiety starts to mount. I love getting my haircut, but it's always a little bit stressful because what if they messed up? "They better not mess up because I gave them my freakin' credit card number!!" Such was the comfort provided by that little screaming voice in my head. So I go in, and say whatev. It's going to be fine. Richard, who I was originally scheduled with was running a little behind. So Joyce, my new receptionist friend who I bamboozled into getting $10 off on my haircut, put me with Matthew. She then told me that he was fabulous, and that he likes to tell people that he's her favorite. "Well," I wanted to ask her, "Is he your favorite??" But I just smiled, nodded, and threw in an "Awesome. I'm excited."  

So Matthew comes and gets me. Now, I always feel like your hairdressers pass judgement on you when they first meet you. They especially judge the state of your hair, I feel. Sadly my hair was in bad shape last night, as I had just gotten off of work. It was in a ratty pony tail complete with wispy ends that had gone amok. Super cute. Not really feeling it necessary to apologize for myself, but still feeling more self-conscious than I ordinarily do, I made a hasty comment about work... and how I had just come from there. I don't know what it is about salons, but they make you want to be beautiful. Well that wasn't happening last night, so it was a little bit awkward. Don't even worry it's fine. Because as it turns out, Matthew was a super nice guy, and thought that everything was "Fabulous!" He was very gay, and quite fabulous himself. We talked about working for Disney, because guess what? He worked there too (fitting...) We talked about The Proposal, and how we both thought Ryan Reynolds was so attractive. We talked about how I am a gypsy, and don't really have a hometown. I told him that my family is in California. At this, he lit up, and talked about how fabulous California is. We talked about how I'm going to be a Journalist, and how fabulous that will be. Then he styled me up, called me fabulous, and I was on my way. What a fabulous kind of guy. 

So now my split-ends are gone, along with the ruler straight cut from last time. My bangs are trimmed, and my layers are more defined. All in all, I'm feeling slightly more fabulous today. Thank you Matthew, for making me fabulous. And thank you, and goodnight. 

No comments: