Friday, January 8, 2010

The Treasure State

Right, so I got a letter from my mission president today, which is highly exciting. It gave some good info on about the great state of Montana, and what is apparently "one of the best missions of the church." (Verbatim. Eat it.)

However, I must admit that I laughed out loud when I read this: "You will be expected to follow [the dress and grooming guidelines] when you arrive in the Montana Billings Mission. Even though this is cowboy country, western clothes, cowboy boots, and buckles are not acceptable proselyting attire." Oh darn.

It also talked about preparing for the winter months. Oh snap. Bring on the boots, the scarves, the ear-bands, the gloves, ski masks, and parkas. Today it was a lovely high of 6 degrees in Billings, Montana. That will be fun. Times 3.

I am so excited to go on a mission. It will be such a good thing for me to be in a place where I am totally out of my element. A place where I can serve all those around me in love. I am so excited to go to Montana. I can't wait to gain a love and a fervent respect for such a beautiful place. I can't wait to meet people, and share such a divine and inspired message with them.

Bring on the Treasure State, folks. I'm ready. I love you, Montana. Thank you, and goodnight.

No comments: