Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Horoscopes

Right, so today I was super lucky and got to sit in the waiting room of an Orthodontist for an hour and a half. The best part is that I've already had braces. I've served my time. But alas, I served another hour and a half. It's fine. I'm also awesome, and didn't bring a book. Awesome sauce. Instead, I decided to leave it to fate, and see what magazines said office would provide for me. AARP, Teen Vogue, Highlights, and Sports Illustrated. So I flipped through some issues of Sports Illustrated thinking that it would at least be some decent writing. Now, while I will admit there were some fine selections of journalism, it generally helps if the reader gives a crap about what he or she is reading. Now, maybe that was my bad- I started with a golf article. Fail. But that's okay. It was well written, and I learned all about the tournament that the pros call "Disney." Cute huh? After thumbing through two articles devoted entirely to college basketball and football, I had had enough. I was looking for some sort of Rick Reilly brilliance, but alas, there was none to be found. (In the 7.3 minutes that I spent looking.)

The office had several copies of Teen Vogue, and so thinking of those "Sexy Fall Fashion Tips" I rolled my eyes and picked up a copy. It was actually highly entertaining in a ridiculous sort of way, and I was shocked at how many articles were devoted to battling acne. It's war. Then I happened upon the horoscopes. I quickly found Leo, and ready on anxiously. This was my February horoscope: "Host a V-Day party and play matchmaker. Keep an eye out for the guy who stays late to help clean up afterward. (He's more interested than you think.)" Then I laughed out loud. Apparently love is coming my way. Oh snap. Too bad the majority of the month of February will in fact be spent in the MTC. That would be a prime place for a "V-Day" party. I'll see what I can do. Oh snap. Reading this helped me to remember my love for trashy teen magazine horoscopes. It's a love that's real and true, and highly nonsensical. Thank you, and goodnight.

2 comments:

Heidi Michelle said...

Oh dear Emmilie my friend! How I miss thee! The orthodontist didn't have any magazines on Scottish highland games or perhaps cows? That would have made for some great reading! I've been going around campus, visiting out old haunts (and yes, I have mulitiple classes in the dungeon. Lucky me!) Saw B-dub and Skinner today, then ran into Grayson. We've decided we are going to road trip it either to Cali or Utah to see you before you go into the MTC! Fun, eh?! Miss you something fierce!!

Emmilie said...

oh snap! I highly endorse that road trip!! haha Miss you chica!!