Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Beautiful

Dear world, I would like to announce that today was a beautiful day.

It is not often that one feels such a complete sense of purpose, peace and rightness in regards to her future in one day, but alas- such was my day. It was the kind of day where I couldn't let anything thing really irk me. (Not even those fools at Horizon Business Products) It was the kind of day where I ran a 5k, and felt great. It was the kind of day where I sang out loud in my car, and didn't even care. It was the kind of day where I got to laugh with my brother. It was the kind of day where I taught with the sister missionaries, and felt complete; whole; certain that I am doing the right thing in serving a mission. The kind of day where I genuinely love everyone, and more often than not I can see the good in them. The kind of day where I didn't feel bad about giving those tools at the gym some sass. The kind of day that warranted productivity. The kind of day where I thought in big words. The kind of day where I had a lovely conversation for over an hour with a dear friend. The kind of day where I didn't fear the future, I embraced it. The kind of day when I didn't regret the past, I loved it. The kind of day where you score points because you DIDN'T have to get your eyes numbed at the optometrist. The kind of day where you are at peace with yourself and the world. The kind of day that calls for curly hair, and flip flops. The kind of day where sweatpants are divine. The kind of day where you clean, clean, clean. The kind of day that calls for order and organization. The kind of day in which you cross off things from your to-do list. The kind of day to wear heels. The kind of day to smile. The kind of day to laugh. The kind of day to sing. The kind of day for me. I like today. Thank you, and goodnight.

No comments: