Thursday, January 21, 2010

Just Say No

No, I will not finish my vegetables. I will not put my shoes away. I will not hang my skirt up, nor will I put that dish in the dishwasher where it belongs. No I will not say "I'm sorry," or "I was wrong." No I will not practice the piano. No I will not stop saying that. I will not wear clothing that matches. I will not stop listening to that offensive music, nor will I turn it down. No, I will not be unbiased or dispassionate. I will not live under the false pretense that everyone lives happily ever after. No, I will not pretend to like it when you make the same joke 37 times in a month. No, I will not sit quietly, nor will I stop dragging my feet. I will not do my homework, and I will not get off of facebook. No, I will not come back to you, and no I will not stay. No I will not get ready for bed. No I will not change my tone. I will not change my mind. I will not change my opinion. I will not change my shirt. I will not change your tire. I will not change the way I look at you. I will not change the way I feel. I will not change my perfume, nor will I change my style. I cannot change what happened. I cannot change what I said. No I won't go on a date with you, and no I don't ever want to. No I don't like you, no I don't think you are attractive. No I don't want to go to the gym. No, I don't want you to touch me. No I didn't mean that. I won't think for you. I won't do your work for you. No I don't like that, and no I don't think you should continue. No I don't like Walmart. No I wasn't talking about you, and no I didn't mean to offend you. No I don't want to do that right now. No I'd rather live in Florida. I don't like cheesy lines, and no I'm not falling for it. No, I wasn't using you. No I don't like talking about it, and no I didn't bring it up.

This is for all the times I wanted to just say no. Thank you, and goodnight.

4 comments:

Shaun Mayo said...

i think i missed that.
what was that again?

Emmilie said...

No, I will not tell you again.

Hannah said...

I think that you need to go visit an anger management group.... maybe....

Polly Scott said...

Is this a reaction to living at home again and having to live house rules????