Monday, May 11, 2009

Ode to Mom

You know what I re-realized yesterday? That Mom's just might be the greatest people ever. And here's why. Yesterday was Mother's Day, and oh how we love our Moms. I was able to listen to several conversations of my roommates when they called their Moms. And yes, I too called my wonderful Mother. And there was an underlying theme that pretty much sums up why our Moms are so awesome. On their special day, they still wanted to know about us, and what's new and exciting in our lives. On their special day, they told us how awesome we are. On their special day they made us feel loved. And I hope that we as people, and therefore sons and daughters, I hope we recognized this. I hope that we recognized how selfless and caring Mothers are. I hope we realize always how precious these women are. Personally, I hope that I can become to some small degree the woman of faith, obedience, trust and hope that my Mom is. Oh, and I want to be a rocking cook like her too. Just saying is all. It's fine. So Mom, this one's for you, because let's face it- you are pretty much awesome. Thank you, and goodnight. 

1 comment:

will said...

she is awesome you are correct and I believe with my whole heart you will be as magically wonderful as your mother in your own time with "my" (can I say that) grandchildren.....Hooray for YOU!!!!!