Sunday, May 24, 2009

Inner Nerd

Okay, so yesterday I realized how much of a dork I really am. I went to Star Wars Weekends at Hollywood Studios... and loved it... I know! I know!! I'm such a dork, but it was so fun! But cut me a break!! I was pretty much raised on Star Wars. It's fine. Now don't go thinking that I am psychotic or anything... I didn't dress up, or buy a light saber, or follow Luke Skywalker around. (Yes, he was there.) Nor did I buy a picture of my face in a Star Wars characters body.. ahem, Dimas. I did really want to buy a Yoda backpack (Yes, Shaun, THAT Yoda backpack...) but that desire only lasted about 7.3 minutes. Thank goodness. But- I did meet Chewbacca, and Darth Vader, and saw the guy that played Darth Maul. (And he was highly attractive, thank you very much. Oh, and he was an Aussie. I almost swooned. Yes, swooned.) And I saluted some Strom Troopers, and got the crap scared out of me by one rouge Tuscan Raider. All in all, it was a pretty awesome day. Oh, and just to add to all of the nerdism, I'm going back next weekend, and am highly excited about it. Don't even pretend. You want to come too. And don't worry, I'll post pictures as soon as I get them. Thank you, and goodnight. 

2 comments:

will said...

The dark side was ruled by Darth Maul.......don't swoon to the dark side.....did you see any of the forest furballs.....forgot their names but they were cool.....what a cool experience <<(nerd for saying so I guess)I am envying you now.....did Chewie smell ???

Emmilie said...

No, but it was the furriest hug I've ever gotten in my life!!