Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hitch

Right, so I switched jobs... and that equals happiness. I was just a little bit sick of this: 

"Hi, welcome to the Coral Reef. Do you have a reservation? And your last name sir? Dale Stewart, party of 5? Is that still 2 adults, 2 children and 1 infant? Will you be needing a highchair? And are you on the dining plan? Alright, when this pager goes off, bring it back up here and we'll take you to your table. No, it will go off again- that's just a test. Yes, you bring in right back up here. It will be about 15-20 minutes. Yes, that is with a reservation. Thank you." 

Try saying that about 800 times a day. Yeah, I know, awesome huh? Such was my life. And yes, awesome was the word that I thought every day. But don't worry; that particular brand of awesome is over and tomorrow I start training for my new job. Where is this new job you may ask? Drum roll please.... Disney's Animal Kingdom! Hooray!! I was pretty excited about this one. Animal Kingdom closes at 5- so that equals not having to work nights. And that my friends is awesome. With a capital awe. However there is one little hitch that I surprisingly overlooked. So Sunday, I had my first official day there where a very enthusiastic facilitator welcomes you to the park and shows you all the sweet little ins and outs, and gives you the run down of the park. That was pretty cool, but it made me realized this one little hitch. I get off the bus at the crack of dawn, and take of little whiff of that fresh 7:30 AM Orlando air, and almost gag. It smelled like animals a little bit a lot. And that's when I realized that I was now going to be working with freakin' animals. Dude, I hate animals. Yes, I realize that I'm a sinner for that one. It's fine. Just don't judge me harshly. I just don't like them! Sue me. I don't know why that never really clicked... but alas. It did. And luckily, as of right now I'm not doing anything directly with animals... let's just hope they don't move me around anymore. 

Right now I'm working at the main entrance as a Park Greeter. And I don't know what that means entirely, but I'm pretty sure there is a lot of greeting, sweating, smiling, and possibly waving with a giant Mickey glove on my hand. So you know, it could be fun. Tomorrow I start my actual on the job training. Oh, at 6:30 in the freakin' morning. Yeah. That will be the bomb.com. I will start being more positive though. Starting now: I heart animals and I heart 6:30 in the freakin' morning. Thank you, and goodnight. 

No comments: