Thursday, May 14, 2009

Selfish Body

Why does your body need sleep? Do you have any idea how much more productive I would be at life if I never had to sleep, and therefore never got burdened with such things as exhaustion? I could be great at so many things- like tennis, and playing the cello, and math. But no- I need sleep, and that takes up at least 6-8 hours of my day. What the St. Francis. Why is my body so selfish? And then when I really only get about 5-6 hours, my body reaffirms its selfish attitude, and is sleepy all day long, therefore making me even less productive. Thank you, body. Thank you. So I would like to petition to no longer need sleep, and therefore humble my body. Thank you, and goodnight. 

1 comment:

kipson said...

I agree completely! It seems so unproductive to sleep. I've thought this for years. I wish it was more of a hobby than a neccesity. You know - you just do it when you want to. I'll sign your petition. Don't even worry about it.