Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Waffle House of Love


I have a couple passions in life. Writing. Family. Excellent films. Making people happy. Pandora. Converse. And the Waffle House. If you have never been to the south, you are missing out on this great and wonderful world of well, grease. It may sound disgusting, but don't be deceived. It is really quite glorious. It's this little run-down restaurant that is absolutely wonderful. It is gross and disgusting, but you don't mind. Ever. It is an all-American experience. There is a beat-up old jukebox in the corner that plays crappy music that someone somewhere though was "hip." Hits such as "Beautiful," by Christina Aguilera, and "Toxic," by Brittany Spears are among the selection, as well as some patriotic country and the best of Garth Brooks. It's so awesome. You walk into this place of glory, and pick any little booth. Or you can sit at the counter. It's sweet. And one day, I too will grace my presence at the counter. A waitress named Flo, Deb, Pam, or Rita comes to greet you, and is frequently calling you "Hun," "Baby," "Sugar," or "Sweetie." It's sweet! Then you order something disgusting that will probably clog your arteries, but dude, whatever. It's so good! The omelets are filled with a cheese that you don't even really think is cheese, but it's so good you don't even care. The waffles are amazing, and the hash browns are divine. (Even if there is rat fur in the Ketchup. Thanks Shaun!) It is a brilliant idea. And I love the Waffle House with all of my heart. And I have only ever seen them in the south!! (Except for a couple times randomly in Phoenix... whatever.) I highly recommend that everyone should go to the Waffle House at least once before they die. It's amazing, and it will change your life too. Thank you, and goodnight. 

1 comment:

Staci said...

Here is my first time ever at the Waffle house.. Sterling had just graduated from Ranger school... pretty much 3 months living on less than one meal a day.. so he was starving. By the time he got released just about everything was closed, except the Waffle house. we went inside and Sterling was trying to convince me that I too could eat there. Before we got to our lovely corner booth, I made the mistake of looking at the grill, which lined up along the back of the grill were at least 5 dead cockroaches. Just hanging out on the grill, feet side up, just enough to make me want to puke.. Sterling says, this is the south! Then he proceded to eat 7.. yes I said 7 different meals. I think he thought he would never see food again. I know he just had 3 months without it, at least not nearly enough of it, but wow.. I sat and watched him and did not partake! I do admit I have been to others, but in only by necessity, and they were not glorious.. to each his own.. I am pretty sure each meal there takes at least 1 year off of your life.. enjoy!