Friday, February 13, 2009

You Are Here

Okay, so being here in the college program, you see some weird things. But don't worry. It's all good. Just kind of weird. Like today, I was walking home and passed a man in a gorilla suit leaning off the railing on his porch. Just chillin'. It was pretty sweet. I told him hi, and he waved at me. Then I laughed out loud. This little encounter led me to ponder all of the other slightly weird things that seem to occur more often than I actually realize. Like today, when I was on the bus pulling out of Vista Way, there were two guys. And they seemed...close. A little too close. As in, full on embrace which was quickly morphing into full on kiss/make-out. That was cool. And by cool I mean I threw up in my mouth. It's moments like this when I do this thing called freak-out, followed by a sudden moment of realization called, "Oh yeah, I'm not in the bubble anymore." Sweet. In fact, I am in the real world. And it is awesome. Minus the making-out gay men. Thank you, and goodnight. 

1 comment:

will said...

I have a difficult time keeping it in just my mouth at those times.......happy that you can marshal your emesis so well....what a great missionary you are ....I love you