Friday, January 9, 2009

A Dream is a Wish

So this is another confession from the life and mind of Emmilie. I know, watch out. And this one, is, I confess, a little cheesier than the rest but deal with it. So tonight is the night before I go to work at Disney. And I'm sitting here, in my grandpa's house watching Extreme Make-Over Home Edition, one heartstring tug away from full-scale bawling. Yes, I admit it. This show is about making people's dreams come true. And that got me thinking. I have been dreaming about working at Disney for years. (I know, kind of lame, but eat it.) And now, my dreams are coming true! It's so exciting! And, I'm watching this show and the family that is getting a new house is spending the week at Disney World. And while they are there, all these things are happening that you can tell are just magic for this family. And tomorrow I get to go work there, and make magic for other people. Do you know how amazing that feels? That I get to make other people's dreams come true. Okay, so maybe that is a little much, but if nothing else, I have the opportunity to make people smile every single day. I'm so excited. I can't wait to make people happy. Especially in these difficult times. I just want to make people's day just a little bit happier. Just a little more hopeful. Just a little more bright. And granted, I'm working in a restaurant, but hey, you have to start somewhere right? Thank you, and goodnight. 


No comments: