Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Refresh

There are certain times in life where you need to push the refresh button on your life, so to speak. Last night, I pressed refresh, and feel so much better, and coincidentally have a better perspective. (Sweet, huh?!) How you may ask? I was reading these wonderful things called the scriptures, and came across Ether 12:6. 

"Now I Mormon would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith."

Now, I have heard this scripture many, many times, and have always loved it. However, never has it hit me with such force before, and helped to "refresh," my faith that at that moment in time was indeed dwindling. It was such a blessing, and I am so grateful for the gospel. Immediately after reading it, everything in my mind that I was stressing about for those few minutes of my life made sense, and although I could not see it, I knew that I had to have faith. I could not dispute it because I saw not. After this beautiful realization everything seemed 18.5 times better. The room looked brighter, and my heart felt higher. It was such a happy moment. I am so grateful for this scripture, and so many like it that offer hope and peace. And if ever you need to "refresh," DO IT! It's amazing, and will fill your life with joy. Thank you, and goodnight. 

1 comment:

will said...

kinda slams you when that happens

Good Sauce