Wednesday, October 29, 2008

PUMPKINS!!! (Yes... it's that AWESOME.)

So carving pumpkins is perhaps my favorite thing in the whole world. I look forward to it all year. I think I will start a petition to start carving pumpkins for every holiday. I really think it would set the mood for holidays like Groundhog's Day, and Columbus Day, and National 10-4 Day, not to mention Hanukkah and Pearl Harbor Day. But that's just me. Let me know what you think. But last night was pumpkin carving night in apartment 203, and it rocked my socks. So that's kind of a lie. Remember that Disney Adventure that I am indeed on? Well it continued last night, and I had the worst stomach pain of my life. It was almost funny (almost.) because of how badly it hurt. I never have stomach pain. It's all part of the adventure!! There was literally one point where I was lying on the ground and and strained my back trying to move and I couldn't decide which hurt worse, so I just started laughing. I hope they are filming this somewhere in Heaven so I can look back and laugh one more time.


But I was determined to carve my freakin' pumpkin!! And I did! Ha! And it is awesome! I got a Disney Princess carving kit (I think I have a problem...) and I did Snow White. It is slightly awesome, thank you very much. Kinsey started to do the much fought over Cinderella, but it was no good because her pumpkin was way too thick. So she was resourceful, and turned Cinderella's head into an eyebrow and made a face. I laughed a little bit, but it looks great! And Mary did Aurora which she renamed "Sleeping Sweet Spirit." It was so much fun! Oh, and life was made 87.4 times better because we had a Hugh Jackman movie on in the background. Yes. It was great.

Me and Kinsey waiting to carve in anticipation...or something.

Um...good thing this is sideways! But you can still witness the terror. It's quite frightening.




Um, so I like the guts. So does Kinseth.

Look at that concentration. Magic.

Oh, how cute. Me and Snow White.




Yeah... this is the real deal. It took me three HOURS!!! But it was so fun!

Um, answer=YES. Carving pumpkins is sunshine in my soul. Thank you, and goodnight.

No comments: