Monday, October 20, 2008

Please Bless

Sometimes I wonder. How far off am I from where I should be? Have I completely lost track of what is most important? Where the crap are my priorities these days? How in the world did I miss that? Do you ever have one of those days that are just slightly off?

Such is the day that I have had today. All day long I have been wondering what I am doing with my life. Well, what am I doing that is actually meaningful? Have I done any good in the world today? Have I helped anyone in need? I mean really? What was the last unselfish thing I have done? It is a sad time when I can't recall that. I don't mean for this to sound depressing, or anything like despair. Today is an identity crisis day. Thank you Erickson, and your stupid psychological theoretical babble!! But alas, I'm sure it holds some ground.

At times like these, a girl could use a dog... okay, so that's from the show Lucky Stiff... It's fine. But really. At times like these, I just have to remind myself of what I truly know to be true. The Gospel. The Book of Mormon. The Temple. My Family- and the love that I have for them. The Prophet. Look! I already have some things to be happy about and grateful for!! So really this means that life is great!

Now dear readers. Don't be alarmed. I'm not going off the deep end anytime soon. I think all I need is a great big hug, and for someone I trust to tell me that it will all be okay. And on your identity crisis day I will be sure to do the same.

It's just really stressful right now. Mission? Major? Winter? Job? These are questions that rack my brain night and day, and until they are answered, fate and I are not on good terms!! Alright, so that is also from a play. It's fine also.

So the moral of this little blog is: Please bless that I can figure out my life. That would be slightly awesome indeed. But for now, I will take comfort in the words of a prophet. "Enjoy the journey...now." And guess what? Everything is going to be okay! Thank you and goodnight.

1 comment:

marneyd said...

I really, really, really, really love your blog.