Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Special Olympics

I love special needs children!! They are such examples to me of faithfulness and love. This past week I had the opportunity to do service at the Opening Ceremonies for the Special Olympics for Idaho! BYU-I was hosting them, and my roommates were in charge. They needed a singer...and I happen to be just that on occasions. So I said yes to singing the national anthem. It was a lot of fun. Slightly scary, because as I was singing, I kept thinking of other really random things, and did not concentrate on the words. I had no idea what I was actually singing, and just kept praying that I was saying the right words!! That would have been slightly awful- if I had butchered our Nation's anthem at the Olympics. Awesome, Em. But alas, it all went well, and I remembered all of the words to our National Anthem. Thank Goodness!!



Daniel and his partner did a beautiful dance to a pretty sweet Josh Groban song. Note to self: Marry a man that sounds like Josh Groban. Amen.





My good friend, Sterling did an awesome magic trick for the ceremony. It was so cool. I was laughing the whole time. The end.


So Mary called our FHE brother Tyler, and asked him to do a little musical number thing. He said yes, and somehow, it ended up in me singing a duet with him. It was a good song with only one minor flaw. It was a country song. You know you're in Rexburg when... And for those of you who know me, um, yeah... I don't in fact sing country... So that was fun. But it was all okay. It was just slightly awkward. We had never really practiced it for real- so that was fun. Oh, and I forgot the words. Awesome. But never fear, I said the wrong ones at the wrong time, but thanks to my sweet skills, (and a lot of help from the Lord,) I was able to think of something that rhymed. I'm convinced that it was the whole, "In the very moment the spirit will give you the things you should say," because I have no idea what I said. But they all bought it. That's good. But Tyler is awesome, and it went very well!! Hooray!

Announcing the 2008 Games officially OPEN!!!!

So it was an amazing experience! I loved it, and I loved the spirit that was there in that room. It was so amazing. When I grow up, I want to be as amazing as those special spirits. Thank you, and goodnight.

No comments: