Thursday, October 23, 2008

COMM 100

COMM 100 is the college term for death. Look it up. It is at 7:00 A-freakin'-M in the morning every Thursday. As if I needed another reason to hate Thursdays any more. Thank you, thank you. Not only is it at 7 A-freakin'-M in the morning, but it's at 7 A-freakin'-M in Rexburg!!! Do you have any idea how cold that is??? I really thought I was going to die of frost bite this morning. Please mourn my loss. I was bundled up and everything, and alas. I still froze to almost-death. Oh, and as a side note, I'm pretty sure that I will never get a date in that class ever. For several reasons:

  1. I don't speak or look at anyone. (It's 7 A-freakin'-M!! What do you expect?!)
  2. I look like absolute crap. For real life. Um... pretty sure I don't do my hair, and there is not a stitch of make-up on my face. Well, that's kind of a lie. There are the remnants from yesterday's make-up smeared into the enormous bags that encompass my eyes because guess what?! I forgot to take it off again!! And you could check those bags... It's pretty intense.
  3. I look like death warmed over. Why you may ask? Because at 7 A-freakin'-M you could really care less. All you want to do is crawl back into your warm bed, and sleep for the rest of your life. It's probably a good thing that I am so out of it in the morning that I can't focus on how cold it is really going to be when I make that fateful walk to the Spori. Good thing, because I would never get out of bed...ever.

Such was my morning. How was yours? Warmer I hope. My professor told us all to quit complaining because it was 8 degrees warmer this morning than yesterday. Oh great!! That means it was a whopping 18 degrees!!! Woo Hoo!!!! Heat wave!!! I love Rexburg. (I just had to remind myself quickly.)

COMM 100 is kind of lame actually. Did I mention that it was at 7 A-freakin'-M? Well it is, and it's required for all COMM majors. I don't know who in their right minds decided to make a required class at 7 A-freakin'-M, but alas they did. It's like one of those sick jokes that adults play on the unsuspecting youth of America. Like curfew, or naming your daughter Shaniqua. So this wretched class is just a big joke. I'm waiting for administration to pop out and yell, "Psych!!" I'm pretty sure I'll always be waiting in vain, but alas. And if the early morning hour wasn't enough, our professor takes it upon herself to try and keep us awake. Awesome on so many levels. She plays the loudest, cheesiest, most obnoxious music ever written. It's the kind of music that ticks you off when you are listening to it fully awake at 3 in the afternoon. So listening to it at 7 A-freakin'-M is asking for a death wish. However, today was Disney music. It still was a little obnoxious, but not as bad.

Why Disney? Today the college requiter came and converted me. I am going to intern at Disney this Winter!!! I am so excited I can hardly wait!!! I'll be sure to keep you up to date with all my exciting plans.

At least some good has come from this wretched class. I still hate it, but I can now say that it did in fact bless my life in one way. Gladness to my heart. Thank you, and goodnight.

No comments: