Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Change

So I was on my way to work this morning when I had a sort of an epiphany. Kind of. I was thinking about how much I have changed. Then I thought about the blessing that I have received that told me that change was coming. I remember that at the time, I was freaking out. Sometimes- well most time, change scares me. But I was thinking about that this morning on my way to the Testing Center, I thought about how good change has been in my life! And how blessed I have been because of the changes that I have made, and the changes that have occurred. What a great feeling it was! To think about how terrified I was, and how blessed I have been is an amazing thing.

Then I thought about the future, and how much that will be changing too. And you know what, I'm excited for it. It will be great. It is all a part of our Father in Heaven's plan, and he is directing us for good. He wants us to be happy; that is part of the plan after all. Change is inevitable, yes, but think about all of the good things in life that have to do with change.

Change of clothes; change of mind; changing your oil; change in priorities; change of shoes; change of toothbrush; change in the stock markets (when the DOW goes back up); change of underwear; change of seasons; change of jobs; change of address; finding spare change on the street; change of scenery; changing majors; changing roommates (okay, so that can be bad too...) Basically our lives revolve around change. But I have learned that change is nothing to fear. And I think that if you were to look around, you may just find that more people feel that way than you may think. How many people get excited by the changing seasons. God made is so that our lives are constantly changing. After all, change is the only constant in our lives. Just think about that one next time change comes your way.

2 comments:

Mary said...

This is really insightful, and I like it almost as much as I like you. :)

marneyd said...

Great post. Yep, it's all about change. I like to call it growth. It happens no matter how one trys to avoid it because I believe it's why we're here. And the big magilla question is, "Growing into what?". That's where the Gospel and Jesus Christ and the atonement come into it. We're supposed to be growing into a person who is more like him. And that happens through a thousand little decisions or reactions to the inevitable change that is what this life is all about. Too much religion? Sorry, but I couldn't cope with "change" any other way. It sounds like you got that embracing change as a good thing has something inherently right about it. Trust. That's what's needed and oh so hard to sustain, especially when things are...well...icky. That phrase, "It's all good." is really true. It is all good. Maybe not comfortable, but all good. From my advanced and decrepit age, it's getting clearer all the time that every molecule (or whatever the measure of tiny efforts is) I've expended to trust the Lord has never been wasted. Remain calm, breathing helps. Douglas Adams had it all summed up with "Don't Panic".

You are right to feel beset by choices and options. That's what you're about right now. I think I said before that I don't know how anyone gets through their late teens and early twenties without divine direction. There's just too flipping much going on.
Love you lots and really love your blog. XXOO Mimi